Kathy Blass Weiss
Executive Vice President
Research expert with extensive experience in developing and managing multi-phase, national programs
Offer in-depth experience in marketing research with both quantitative and qualitative studies. Experienced in wide range of consumer audiences from college students to seniors as well as B2B, including engineers, designers, and C-suite. Delivers voice of the customer insight via consumer satisfaction, concept, packaging, and product testing to advertising, usability, and market trending.
Core Competencies: Facilitator & Focus Group Moderator | Professional Interviewer | Project Design and Management
Spearheaded numerous studies for public and private corporations, as well as local and regional organizations. Delivered intelligence to better understand customer attitudes, organizational image, market segmentation, market profile in target areas, advertising recall, and promotional campaign effectiveness.
- Led a three-phase website usability study for Globalspec (now IHS Engineering360— a resource databank for engineers). Increased web traffic by 400% following implementation of findings.
- Conducted first listening post/focus group research with NYS volunteer firefighters across 10 locations. Increased FASNY membership by 35% following execution of findings.
- Designed proprietary competitive monitor for GE Plastics. This tool provided the company’s sales team with valuable competitive knowledge enabling it to make more effective sales calls.
- Primary moderator working with design team and CI department for rapid on going concept testing.
- Directed multiphase banking study presented to senior management as part of strategic plan, including mystery shopping, focus groups, and one-on-one business customer interviews and customer satisfaction quantitative work.
Sample Areas of Study
Advertising concept testing
Product concept ideation
New product discovery and development
Customer satisfaction/Lost customer intelligence
Voice of customer
Building & construction
Siena College, Loudonville, NY
BS, Marketing and Management
Post Baccalaureate Course Work
– Critical Thinking in Global Challenges
– Social Psychology
– Inspiring Leadership Through Emotional Intelligence
– Design Thinking for Innovation
The Burke Institute, Focus Group Moderator Training
The Burke Institute, Online Research
Dale Carnegie Effective Communications
At Blass Research, our top priority is designing a methodology that is based on a thorough understanding of your needs. We are based in both Charlotte, NC and Old Chatham, NY and serve clients throughout North America.
To learn more about Blass Research, contact Kathy Blass Weiss, Executive Vice President.
12715 Elkhorn Drive
Charlotte, NC 28278
17 Drowne Rd
Old Chatham, NY 12136